Saturday 1 March 2014

Contact

by Ryan Cox

They came first with the flowers and the bees. No one knew they were here. But I saw them.

And I saw them coming when they returned the next year. That’s when they took me.

When they finished – when I was all used up – I woke up in my bed, beside my husband, with our son between us. Like it always was. Like we always were.

But I wasn’t the same.


The snow melted today.

They’re coming.


Megan...

“No… no!”

Megan…

“No… please… I’ll come… just… just don’t take my son. Don’t take them.”

I’m sorry Megan. We’re taking everyone.




Author bio: Ryan Henry Cox is a musician and writer working out of Detroit, MI.

RyanHenryCox.com

Contact is part of 101 Fiction issue 3.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone? But where are we going?

    Shades of Bradbury with this one.

    Detroit, huh? *waves*

    ReplyDelete