Sunday 30 October 2016

Burning

by John Xero

On the eve before All Hallows’ Day, while false demons walked city streets, I watched the black moons rise. Thirteen malignant orbs lifting from inky waters, dragging the ocean with them.

I felt their bleak gravity tug at my soul, ethereal fingers grasping for my secret heart.

Come, they whispered, inviting me to their eternal night.

I confess I teetered, cold temptation planting kisses on my feverish brow, but I held.

I looked to the stars, the distant burning swords of faithful angels standing against the great darkness, and I knew I must not fall. We are too few already.



Author bio: John Xero believes that anyone standing against the darkness is a star.
xeroverse.com  |  @xeroverse

Burning is part of 101 Fiction issue 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment