Friday 13 July 2012

Possessions

by John H. Dromey


The newly-appointed editor of the lifestyle section of the local newspaper finagled an interview with a successful medium.

Looking around the paranormal practitioner’s plush apartment, the journalist asked her, “What’s your favourite possession?”

“I think I’d have to say it’s when I’m channelling Jack the Ripper and I lose all control.”

Not the answer the editor expected – she’d meant material possessions – but she decided to play along. “Can you demonstrate?”

“Sure,” the interviewee said, and she did.

When the medium was finally herself again, she surveyed the scattered body parts and said, “Cleaning up afterwards is my least favourite part.”




Author bio: John H. Dromey was born in northeast Missouri. He’s had flash fiction published online at Liquid Imagination, The Red Asylum, Thrillers, Killers ’n’ Chillers, and elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Next time, do her homework ...
    This one made me laugh, in sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda walked into that one, didn't she? ;)

    Horror with a sense of humour, and Jack was bound to appear here at some point, wasn't he? =)

    ReplyDelete