Wednesday 21 November 2012

Eternal

by John Xero


Padraig was a little goblin of a man, wizened and bitter, always preceded by the tap-tap of his cane. He was old - ancient - but his tongue was still spear-sharp and keen as his eyes. His pale, piercing gaze flickered from person to person, scrutinising, judging their heart and soul.

He seemed eternal. Younger folk grew old and died, while Padraig tap-tapped ever onwards.

And in the world beyond this one, there was Padraig, waiting. He would judge folk, and guide them. And sometimes the path wound lazily upwards to light, and sometimes it sloped down, down to lakes of fire.





Author bio: John Xero is not eternal. But that doesn't mean he won't be waiting for you on the other side... Be good.
Twitter | Blog


8 comments:

  1. And I'm sure you'd be able to offer a few suggestions and refinements of your own, John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, flaming pits, pitchforks, it's a classic. Then again, I do like playing with the classics... =D

      Delete
  2. Sounds like one needs to stay on the right side of Padraig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just on the right side of your fellow peoples... ;)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I'm looking forward to my moment with Padraig, he sounds very judgemental, maybe if I start being really good from now on it may help my case when the time comes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything might help, Steve. I'm sure you won't have too much to worry about though. =)

      Delete
  4. Something tells me I can protest as much as I like to Padraig, he'll know the truth about me already! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a list, he's checking it twice... ;)

      Thank you, Jack. =)

      Delete