Monday 1 September 2014

Fetching

by Shenoa Carroll-Bradd

He likes his girls to look a certain way.

Black hair. Blue eyes. Red lips. White skin.

Not pale, but white. Bloodless.

So for him, I dyed my hair. The chemicals stung my nose, but blackened my curls into silken ash.

I bit my lips until they swelled, full and red.

And for him, I died.

My joints are too stiff for dancing now, but my skin is perfect, milk-white and cool.

Eyes clouded over into murky blue.

He likes his girls to look a certain way, and when he sees how far I've gone, I know he'll love me.



Author bio: I like to write in just about every genre, but my favourites are horror and fantasy. 
My author homepage is www.sbcbfiction.net and I can also be found on twitter @ShenoaSays

Fetching is part of 101 Fiction issue 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment