Monday 1 September 2014

Memories

by Matthew R. Czarnowski

Desire isn’t red. I know because her eyes are blue.

They are winter; me skating across the ice in the park, holding Halie Smith’s hand...

They are spring; a delicate sun shower sprinkling atop a canopy as I share my first kiss with Natalie Flowers...

They are summer; waves crashing against the sand as I lay with Kelly Dominguez, her hand buried deep in my swim trunks...

They are autumn; the cool glow of twilight as Jennifer Schuele scratches long lines down my back...

I put her eyes on the shelf next to Cassie Dunway’s hands. Her nails are blue.



Author bio: While writing is his passion, Matthew spends a lot of his time learning survival skills in preparation for the zombie apocalypse. He currently teaches English in Las Vegas, Nevada.
 

Memories is part of 101 Fiction issue 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment