Sunday 5 March 2017

Crossover

by Jack Holt

The doctor is shifting in his seat. “Continue.”

“I’m something else when I’m there,” Claire is saying. “I’m becoming more powerful every day.”

“How often do you visit this… shadow realm?”

Claire is studying him. “Whenever I close my eyes.”

The doctor is making notes. “Of course.”

Clare closes her eyes. Darkness swells in the corners of the room.

“I should close them more often.”

The floor is shaking.

The doctor looks up. He cannot see Claire. He drops his notes. He is standing now. The black is closing in.

A voice is booming. “Soon everyone will close their eyes.”



Author bio: Sometimes Jack writes things. You can read some of them at https://jackkholt.wordpress.com/

Crossover is part of 101 Fiction issue 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment