Sunday 3 September 2017

Malfunction

by Laila Amado

– I swear the angel was assembled correctly. The box was intact, all the components were operational and I followed the instructions diligently. Took me ages to put together the wings – myriads of tiny copper and brass feathers had to fit in their correct places like puzzle pieces. Drove me crazy.

– No, I don’t know where he got a flaming sword. I sure didn’t give him one.

– Yes, I realise we will have to rebuild the whole thing again and we cannot afford the dinosaurs this time.

– No, sir. No vacation any time soon. Perfectly understood. Personal code – Lilith. Log out.



Author bio: Laila Amado lives in Upstate New York and occasionally writes fiction. You can meet her here: @onbonbon7 https://twitter.com/onbonbon7

Malfunction is part of 101 Fiction issue 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment