Wednesday 16 May 2012

Listen

by John Xero


We are the dancers of the Eternal Ballet. You have seen us; we are all around you. And you are one of us.

The Celestial Organ stretches across dimensions. Each key is the size of a continent. It has more stops, pulls and pedals than all the cities that have ever existed.

To call the player ‘God’ would be erroneous, he merely plays for pleasure. There is beauty and there is discordance and it delights him that we dance to his tune.

His is the music that shapes the world. We just feel and follow, rhythm beating in our hearts.




6 comments:

  1. I listened, and I'm really glad I did. Such a great idea. Xerotology?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jack... Now there's an idea. =)

      Can you imagine a religion based on my writings, what a splendidly bizarre thing that would be. ^_^

      "It's a strange world."
      "Let's keep it that way."

      -Planetary, Warren Ellis

      Delete
  2. Xerotology I like that idea! God just plays for pleasure does he, and there was I thinking he was serious about the whole business ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are many things out there some would label 'God', but would those things think (or presume) to call themselves that?

      Thanks, Helen. =)

      Delete
  3. Like every other human being, I can only guess at what is, or isn't out there, but I like the concept here... the music of life, the universe, and everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music can be such a complex thing, and there often seems to be a certain rhythm to life...

      Thanks, Steve. =)

      Delete