Friday 15 June 2012

Body-art

by Sandra Davies


I sat unmoving, hypnotised by the patterns emerging, merging, puddling and overflowing as the drops of rain fell onto the expanse of naked and now blue-black back laid out before me, its slight greasiness delaying momentarily their coalescence. As the granules of orange pigment dissolved and formed wavering runnels down spine, along ribs – ‘Storm at dawn’ perchance? - I was excited and then became bored. I scalpel-slashed it as I would a canvas – and became entranced again at the contrast of the sharply etched lines – slow scarlet leaked then pearled along their length before these too disconnected and floated away.



Author bio: Recent writer, previous printmaker, east coast orientated. sandra-linesofcommunication.blogspot.co.uk

12 comments:

  1. Impressive. I like the way "...blue-black back..." sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - 'blue-black' is reminiscent of Quink ink ... sadly no need for it these days.

      Delete
  2. love when you put your painting and writing together - always comes out with a unique quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bolton - promise I won't try this in Kansas!

      Delete
  3. Oooh. This is good! A body artist. Goulish and fabulous.

    Robert
    mulledvine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be my deep-seated desire for a tattoo! Thank you Robert.

      Delete
  4. I liked the descriptive element to this, very visual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sandra. A fantastically vivid splash of darkness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for posting it, John - a pleasure to be here.

      Delete