Wednesday 13 June 2012

Mindf*ck

by John Xero


Your mind is a labyrinth. Learn to negotiate its pathways or become your own jailor.

James rocks back and forth. He fought. He lost.

The deeper you journey, the harder it becomes to find your way out. Always leave a thread, a breadcrumb trail back to reality.

The secret army have taken James. The secret army have white uniforms, padded rooms, and lies.

Recognise your enemies, so that you may purge them. Map the twisting passages. Prepare your escape.

James is lost.

It is important you know this: the labyrinth may look exactly like the real world.

You are James.




Author bio: John Xero is the editor of 101 Fiction.
He blogs at the Xeroverse and tweets as @xeroverse

14 comments:

  1. And this is why my internet presence tends to incorporate labyrinth themes - we are all lost inside ourselves, and at the same time wandering the labyrinths of those around us. True on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good metaphor... Especially when it might not be a metaphor... ;)

      Thanks, Chris. =)

      Delete
  2. A glitch on the matrix! Actually, there are times I'd just as soon be lost on another world. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend most of my life lost in other worlds... ;)

      Thank you, Larry.

      Delete
  3. Really? I thought you were James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant.

    I'm so glad that you've explained it all to me, I just thought I was bonkers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not just you... we're all bonkers... ;)

      Delete
  5. I don't feel lost. Don't feel besieged either, though, so maybe you were expecting someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always expecting someone else, often disappointed when it's only me... ;)

      Delete
  6. Aren't we all?

    True on so many layers this piece..

    ReplyDelete
  7. But I'm Jack... Are you mindf*cking with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Jack's mind...

      ;)

      Follow the breadcrumbs, Mr. Holt, the way out might be just around the next corner...

      Delete