Wednesday 12 September 2012

Crone

by John Xero


When I think about what I did for this country...

Of course, they don’t like to talk about magic, officially. The things we did in the wars, in secret. We saved this world from the worst of Nazi death magic and what has it come to?

These tacky little skinheads trying to steal my pension, with their filthy mouths and switchblade bravado.

I’ll teach them how to curse for real. I’ll bewitch those blades right up their backsides.

And when they’re done bleeding out, I’ll re-animate their corpses. I'm getting old, I could do with a hand on the allotment.





Author bio: John Xero is John Xero.

10 comments:

  1. The last line is killer. Great stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an extremely fitting thing to do to theiving, tacky little skinheads, it would be a nice twist if they could be aware of their punishment too.
    Bwuhahahahaha!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! It would be one bloody day for the skinheads once this brilliant maniac gets his hands on them! Great piece John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Brilliant maniac," I like it! =)

      Thanks, Cindy.

      Delete
  4. Fear the old mages! This is a fun piece. Those skinheads won't know what hit 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aaron. =)

      Glad you thought it was fun, I like to try and change up the tone as well as the genre to keep things around here interesting. =)

      Delete
  5. Zombie gardeners! So cool.

    One sentence confused me though: "I’ll bewitch those blades up right their backsides."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, oops! Thanks, Pete. That should, of course, be 'right up'.

      And thank you. =)

      Delete