Sunday 11 June 2017

Infernal

by Shannon Bell

"You will join me."

His graveyard breath washed over me.

"No, I won't."

He grinned. I watched, terrified, as unspeakable things crawled between his teeth.

"I can smell your fear. That's a perfect way to start."

He touched my feet. They thickened into cloven hooves. Then he touched my forehead, and horns pushed through the skin.

"Please, stop." Tears ran down my cheeks.

Lucifer bent down, his forked tongue lapping greedily at them. "Your pain tastes magnificent."

"Oh my god."

A thunderous laugh rumbled through my blood.

"God won't help you. Rise demon, and take your place at my side."



Author bio: Shannon Bell is addicted to words. You will find him madly writing away in the spare time he has available between holding down a full-time job, being part of a dysfunctional family and looking after his attention seeking dog.

Infernal is part of 101 Fiction issue 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment