Sunday 11 June 2017

Mirror

by Alex Salinas 

I woke up and went to the bathroom. I’d been dreading it.

“You look like hell,” my mirror-self said. He looked exactly like me except for his eyes: two jet-black marbles.

“Likewise,” I replied.

We both smiled.

I turned on the faucet and splashed water on my face. Familiar pressure still behind my eyes.

“It’s a tragedy that my only role is to reflect what’s here,” mirror-self said.

“It’s your job. Now shut up,” I commanded.

“Remember, I choose to be here,” he said, smiling.

I wasn’t smiling.

I shut off the lights and left.

“Be seeing you,” he whispered.



Author bio: Alex Z. Salinas lives in San Antonio, Texas. His flash fiction has appeared in Every Day Fiction, escarp, 101 Words, Nanoism, and ZeroFlash.

https://alexzsalinas.wordpress.com/about/

Mirror is part of 101 Fiction issue 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment