Friday 26 October 2012

Disease

by C.B. Blanchard


There. You see her? Hunched inside a filthy coat? Hear her cough, a deep-down, unhealthy hacking. See that sheen on her like on meat going off.

See her bump into that man, and touch that woman and cough on that child. See that queasy, greasy shine transfer to them. Watch them spread it further and further. In two days, the first of them will die. The rest will follow.

The woman sheds her coat, sheds the body. She keeps the rotten gleam. It suits her.

Disease will spread and cull the weak. This one’s the big one.

Her true masterpiece.





Author bio: C.B. blanchard is your future apocalyptic dictator. She blogs about the apocalypse over at incaseofsurvival.com and can be found talking a load of rubbish on twitter (@gingerkytten)

3 comments:

  1. I want to go wash my hands! Creepy, creepy, creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck.

    I say that in the most complimentary way. :D

    Just getting over a cold, myself. (or am I?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do see, and like it very much.

    ReplyDelete